Peanut rice recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Peanut rice is a simple, easy to make south Indian variety rice that makes a great lunch box recipe. It is flavorful, aromatic and tasty. The peanut rice is also a good way to make use of leftover rice. The peanut podi prepared for making this rice can be stored in airtight container and used whenever preparing the rice.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of peanut rice below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Salt – as required
- Gingelly oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Red chilli – 1
- Raw peanuts – 3 tbsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
FOR PEANUT PODI:
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Roasted peanuts – 1/3 cup
- Urad dal – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli – 4
- Grated / dry coconut – 1/4 cup
1. Take a pan adding a tsp of gingelly oil. Add roasted peanuts, Urad dal and red chilli to it. Saute for 2-3 minutes in medium flame until it turns golden.
2. Switch off the flame and add coconut to it. Stir well and allow it to cool.
3. Transfer it to mixer and grind into coarse powder. This is peanut podi, store in container and use whenever needed.
4. Heat a pan, add oil and Cumin seeds. Once it splutters add curry leaves, red chilli, raw peanuts and asafoetida. Saute for a minute.
5. Add cooked rice to it along with grounded peanut podi and salt. Mix and toss well so that everything is combined.
6. The tasty peanut rice is ready. Serve hot with appalam or potato fry.