Pineapple upside down pancakes recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Pineapple upside down pancakes is a delicious breakfast that is soft, fluffy and juicy. The pineapple slice is grilled in tawa and cooked placing it in the middle of pancakes. This pancakes can be served by drizzling chocolate syrup, honey or any sweetening syrup. This pancakes are not only delicious but also healthy as it is made of whole wheat flour. I love lots of pancake recipes on blog as it is one of my favorite evening snacks.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Grilled pineapple on tawa
- Apple upside down cooker cake
- Pineapple muffins
- Banana chocolate pancakes
- Avocado chocolate pancakes
- Buttermilk pancakes
- Whole wheat raisins pancakes
I have uploaded the video recipe of pineapple upside down pancakes below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Pineapple – 8 rings
- Wheat flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – pinch
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
1. Remove the core of pineapple rings and keep aside. To make the batter, take wheat flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix and add vanilla essence, milk and egg to the flour. Whisk everything into a smooth thick batter. Add little extra milk if needed to adjust the consistency.
3. Heat a griddle and add little butter. Place the pineapple slice and cook in low flame until slightly soft. Place a glazed cherry in the middle.
4. Now pour the batter over the pineapple slice and spread slightly to cover the sides of the slice. Cook in low flame for a minute.
5. Flip to the other side gently and cook for 2-3 minutes. You can also pour the batter first into the griddle and place the pineapple slice on batter top.
6. Repeat for remaining batter and pineapple slices. Stack the prepared pancakes on serving plate. Drizzle some honey and serve hot.
7. The delicious, healthy pineapple upside down pancakes ready.