Falooda is a popular and refreshing dessert drink. It is usually served as dessert and very much preferred in summers. Falooda is prepared with few main ingredients like milk, basil seeds, vermicelli and nuts. It is thick, creamy and absolutely delicious beverage.
I have already shared some falooda recipes so using few of those stepwise pictures as I don’t want to repeat it. I have not added ice cream due to calories added. But if you want it to be richer, you can add a scoop of ice cream, jellies or fruits.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Roasted Vermicelli – 1/3 cup
- Basil seeds – 3 tbsp
- Pista essence – 2 tsp
- Green colour – pinch
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Chopped nuts – 1/4 cup
- Pistachios – for garnishing
- Tutti fruity – for garnishing
1. Soak the basil seeds in water for 15 minutes. It has to increase in size and quantity.
2. Dissolve corn flour in little water without lumps. Cook the vermicelli with water until it turns soft.
3. Boil milk in a pan, once it comes to boil reduce the flame. Add corn flour mixture along with sugar and chopped nuts to the milk.
4. Stir continuously and keep boiling in low flame until it becomes thick.
5. Add pista essence and color to the milk. Mix well and remove from flame.
6. Allow it to cool completely. Add soaked basil seeds and cooked vermicelli to the milk.
7. Mix well and refrigerate it for an hour and pour into serving glass. Garnish with pistachios and tutti fruity.
8. Serve and enjoy this dessert drink.