Poached pear recipe is an excellent dessert to enjoy with a warm saffron syrup and scoops of ice cream. The pears are poached in cardamom and saffron syrup and spooned all over the soft pears. This is one recipe that I wanted to try for a long time. Finally got some fresh pears and made it.
The entire house is filled with the pleasant aroma of the poached pears, spices and syrup. The flavors are infused into pears making it tender, soft and extremely delicious.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 35 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
RECIPE ADAPATED FROM : Jamie Oliver
- Pears – 3
- Water – 4 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 6
- Saffron – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
1. Wash, peel the skin of pears leaving the stalk. Keep it immersed in water to avoid discoloration.
2. Boil water in a pan. Add crushed cardamom, saffron, cinnamon and sugar to it.
3. Stir well until sugar dissolves. Simmer the flame once it starts boiling and add the pears to the boiling water until it is well immersed.
4. Cover with a lid and boil for 30 minutes turning the pears occasionally until the pears turn tender.
5. Once done, remove the pears from syrup and place it in plate. Allow to cool or refrigerate.
6. Now continue boiling the syrup until it reduces to half and becomes sticky syrup.
7. Remove from flame, add lemon juice to the syrup. Mix and allow to cool completely.
8. Before serving, place the poached pears in serving plate. Spoon some saffron syrup over the pears.
9. Serve with ice cream or whipping cream.