Potato 65 / aloo 65 recipe with step-wise pictures. Potato 65 / potato fry is a crispy fried snack that is easy to prepare and makes a perfect evening snack. Aloo 65 can also be served as side dish for rice or biryani. This is very tasty and goes well with ketchup or mayonnaise.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Potatoes – 5
- Gram flour – 1/4 cup
- Rice flour – 3 tbsp
- Cooking soda – pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
1. Wash the potatoes and take it in a pan along with enough water. Add little salt and boil until potatoes turns soft or the knife inserted goes inside easily.
2. Once done, peel the skin and cut cooked potatoes into cubes. Keep it immersed in water.
3. Take gram flour, rice flour, cooking soda, garam masala powder, chilli powder and required salt in a mixing bowl. Add curd and mix everything into thick paste.
4. Drain potato pieces from water and add to this mixture and mix well until potato is well coated.
5. Heat oil for frying, drop potato pieces in batches into oil and fry in medium flame until golden.
6. Remove the crispy potato pieces from oil and drain excess oil in kitchen tissues.
7. Garnish with fried curry leaves and serve hot as evening snacks.