Potato sweet mixture recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Potato sweet mixture is a crispy, instant and easy evening snacks recipe. It can be prepared a everyday snack and stored in airtight container and also for any festivals. I have tasted it once in chips shop in my native place and liked it a lot. I have been thinking for a long time to try this potato sweet mixture recipe at home. Finally I made it yesterday for evening snacks as Shravanthi asked me for potato rings and she liked it so much. This is beginners recipe and stays good for a week.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Poha chivda / aval mixture
- Spicy potato french fries
- Potato bajji
- Masala bonda / aloo bonda
- Potato stuffed bun
I have uploaded the video recipe of potato sweet mixture below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 cup of mixture
- Potato – 1 large size or 3 medium size
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Cashews – 10
- Raisins – 10
- Oil – for frying
1. Wash the potato and peel the skin. Grate the potato with large holed grater. Keep the grated potato immersed in water.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Drain the potato from water and add it to oil spreading with fingers. Fry them in batches until crispy.
3. Remove from oil before it turns brown and drain excess oil in kitchen tissues. Keep aside.
4. Now fry Cashews and raisins until golden and add it to the fried potato.
5. Transfer everything into a bowl, add salt, powdered sugar and Cardamom powder to it. Mix everything well.
6. The delicious, crispy potato sweet mixture is ready.
7. The potato mixture can be store in airtight container for about a week.
- Keeping grated immersed in water in important to avoid discoloration and separate the potato pieces.
- Frying in medium flame in batches in important. Overcrowding will make the potatoes soggy and frying in high flame will turn the color soon that results in change in taste.