Snake gourd / pudalangai poriyal is a simple, easy south Indian side dish for rice. It takes less than 15 minutes to make this stir fry and makes perfect combo for rasam rice. It is one of the best summer vegetable and has lots of water content.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of pudalangai poriyal below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Pudalangai – 1
- Onion – 1
- Curry leaves – 8
- Red chilli – 4
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Coconut – 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Moong dal – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
1. Wash the snake gourd and slightly scrap the skin. Cut, remove the seeds along with white centre portion. Chop into thin pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add urad dal and moong dal.
3. Saute until it turns golden. Add curry leaves and red chilli and saute for a minute.
4. Add chopped onion and saute until it turns translucent. Now add chopped snake gourd and saute for a minute.
5. Add little water, required salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and sambar powder. Mix well and cook covered for 5-10 minutes.
6. Once the snake gourd is cooked, add coconut and mix well.
7. Snake gourd poriyal is ready.