Pudina rice recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Pudina rice is a flavorful, refreshing south Indian variety rice recipe made with fresh mint leaves. This is easy to make and best recipe to make use of leftover rice. Mint rice can be served with simple raita or potato fry. This can also be prepared as one pot meal in pressure cooker and I have shared the method in notes section.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of pudina rice below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Mint leaves – 1 cup
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Onion – 1
- Peanuts – handful or 3 tbsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt – as required
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 3
- Oil – 2 tsp
1. Wash the mint leaves and add it to blender. Add little water and ginger to it. Grind into smooth paste and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil, add cinnamon and cumin seeds. Once it splutters add red chilli and chopped onion. Saute until translucent.
3. Add peanuts to it and saute for a minute. Now add the grounded mint paste and cook mixing well.
4. Then add sambar powder and required salt to it. Mix and cook in medium flame until it becomes thick evaporating all the water.
5. Add the cooked rice to it and mix gently with a fork. Cook for 2-3 minutes until combined and remove from flame.
6. The tasty mint rice is ready.
To prepare pudina rice in cooker:
Proceed everything until step 4 in pressure cooker. Add 2 cups of washed rice to it along with 4 cups of water. Mix and pressure cook for 3 whistles.