Ragi drumstick leaves adai recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Ragi drumstick leaves adai is a healthy, nutritious breakfast recipe. It is wholesome and completely filling recipe. It is packed with goodness of ragi and drumstick leaves. This roti can be served with simple chutney and sambar.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Ragi drumstick leaves nei maavu
- Ragi noodles
- Ragi banana pancakes
- Ragi and wheat waffles
- Drumstick leaves poriyal
I have uploaded the video recipe of ragi drumstick leaves adai below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 8 adai
- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Drumstick leaves – 1 cup
- Red chilli – 3
- Onion – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Hot water – as required
- Coconut grated – 1/4 cup
- Oil – as required for toasting
1. Wash the drumstick leaves in water and keep aside. Heat a pan with a tsp of oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
2. Once it splutters, add teared red chilli and chopped onion. Saute well until translucent.
3. Now add the drumstick leaves and saute until it shrinks and changes color. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool a bit.
4. Take ragi flour in a mixing bowl, add required salt, cooked drumstick leaves mixture and coconut to it.
5. Mix everything together and add hot water little by little. Keep mixing until everything comes together like a smooth dough.
6. Take a butter paper or banana leaf in a flat surface. Now knead the dough with hands. Take small portion out of ragi dough and make small balls.
7. Place the ragi ball on the butter paper and flatten it into adai with hands.
8. Heat a pan, drizzle oil and flip the prepared adai into pan. Add oil on sides and cook in medium flame on both sides until it gets cooked and turns color.
9. The ragi drumstick leaves adai is ready.
10. Serve it hot with coconut chutney and sambar.