Ragi mudde recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Ragi mudde / ragi kali is a traditional, healthy and completely filling main dish recipe. This is one of the popular staple foods in rural regions of Tamil Nadu. This is nutritious food that is good for diabetic people and aids in weight loss. My husband likes kali and his favorite combo is with keerai kulambu and peanut chutney.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- ragi noodles
- finger millet / ragi puttu
- ragi banana pancakes
- finger millet biscuits without oven
- ragi drumstick leaves adai
- cucumber ragi paniyaram
I have uploaded the video recipe of ragi mudde below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Ragi – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 and 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Gingelly oil – 2 tsp
1. Boil cup of water adding salt and oil in a heavy bottom pan. Once it comes to boil, simmer the flame and add ragi flour to it.
2. Do not stir or mix. Close with a lid and allow it to cook in low flame for 5 minutes.
3. Once done, switch off the flame. Take a wooden ladle and using backside of ladle mix the flour to water breaking the lumps.
4. Once everything is combined, add remaining water and mix without lumps. Close the lid and cook in completely low flame for 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove from flame and allow it to cool. Once it is hot enough to touch, wet hands with water and roll the ragi dough into balls.
6. The healthy ragi kali is ready. Serve hot with curry of your choice.