Rava ladoo is a simple sweet that can be prepared in minutes for any occasions. The rava is roasted in ghee and made into ladoos adding milk. I have prepared adding condensed milk that adds to the taste. Rava ladoo is my mother’s favorite sweet and she use to make it often at home. Her method of preparing is different, she makes it by powdering rava. The taste of ladoo differs slightly in both methods. I have tried many possible quick recipes including this ladoo, that can also be prepared even at the last moments for diwali.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
No. of serving : 10 ladoos
- Rava – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Cashews – 10
- Raisins – 10
1. Heat ghee in a pan, roast Cashews and raisins until it puffs up and keep aside.
2. In the same pan with ghee, add rava and fry for few minutes in medium flame until it changes color.
3. Then add desiccated coconut and cardamom powder to it and stir for a minute.
4. Add condensed milk, stir and cook in low flame until it comes together like a ball.
5. Now add milk and mix. Remove from flame and add roasted nuts to it.
6. Let it become warm, once it is warm enough to touch, take small portion and make into small balls.
7. Repeat for remaining rava mixture. The yummy rava ladoo is ready.
- If using fresh coconut then roast it in ghee until it becomes crisp and changes color before adding to rava.