Rava ladoo with ghee residue recipe with step-wise pictures. Rava ladoo with ghee residue is a delicious sweet that is prepared with the leftover ghee residues. I make homemade ghee with the milk solids collected while boiling milk. After making ghee, I usually discard the left out residues. But came to know from my friend that we can make delicious halwa and milk burfi with that residues without wasting it as it has little amount of Ghee. So I thought of giving a try to rava ladoo using that and believe me it turned out to be super hit. The ladoos are tastier than the normal ones and healthy too. I usually add some curry leaves while making ghee as it increases the taste and flavor, so you can find the curry leaves in the ladoo that I made.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- rava ladoo with condensed milk
- besan ladoo without ghee
- rava coconut ladoo
- jaggery rava kesari
- rava sweet puttu
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Rava / semolina – 1 cup
- Ghee residues – 1 cup
- Palm Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
1. After making ghee, strain the ghee and add the filtered residues back to the same pan.
2. Add rava to it and roast it for few minutes in medium flame until it changes color.
3. Once done, simmer the flame and add palm sugar to it. Mix together for a minute and remove from flame.
4. Transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add milk little by little and mix with rava mixture. Take a small portion and roll into ladoos.
5. The delicious and healthy rava ladoo with ghee residue ready.