Rava pidi kozhukattai recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Rava pidi kozhukattai is a delicious, traditional kozhukattai recipe prepared for vinayagar chaturthi. This is simple to make and absolutely tastier than rice flour pidi kozhukattai. This kozhukattai is prepared by steaming the jaggery rava kesari. You can also fill this stuffing inside rice flour dough and make kesari kozhukattai.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of rava sweet pidi kozhukattai below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 5-6
- Rava – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Grated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1 and 1/4 cup
- Salt – pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
1. Dry roast rava in a pan for 2-3 minutes in medium flame without changing color. Keep aside.
2. Boil water and jaggery in a pan. Stir well until jaggery dissolves. Strain to remove impurities and boil it again.
3. Add salt, cardamom powder and grated coconut to the jaggery water and mix. I have added coconut pooranam that I had instead of coconut.
4. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame and add roasted rava. Keep stirring it without forming lumps.
5. Cook for few minutes until it becomes thick and comes together. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
6. Grease hands with Ghee, take small amount of the prepared kesari mixture and press it with fingers making impression. Repeat for remaining mixture.
7. Arrange the prepared kozhukattai in idli plate or steamer and steam cook for 10 minutes.
8. Once done, remove from steamer and serve it. The tasty rava pidi kozhukattai is ready.