This is a tasty snack that can be prepared for any festival like karthigai deepam. I personally love appam so I try it adding different ingredients. This appam prepared with coconut milk has rich taste than wheat appam. You will definitely like this delicious appam.
- Rava – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Banana – 1
- Coconut milk – 1 tin
- Jaggery grated – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking soda – 1/8 tsp
- Oil – for frying
1. Mash banana and take it in a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients except oil to it and mix well.
2. Make a thick batter and little water can be added if needed.
3. Heat appe pan, add oil in all holes and pour the batter. Cook for few minutes in low flame.
4. Turn to the other side and cook until it turns colour.
5. The rava coconut milk appam is ready.