Rava ven pongal recipe with step-wise pictures. Rava ven pongal is a simple and quick breakfast recipe that can be prepared within minutes. This rava ven pongal tastes very good when had with a simple chutney. This is the first time I tried this rava ven pongal recipe and liked it so much. It is definitely a quick and tasty option than upma.
- Rava – 1 cup
- Moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1 tblspn
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger chopped – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Salt – as required
- Water – 2 cups
- Cashews – 4
1. Wash and pressure cook moong dal for 3-4 whistles and mash it. Dry roast rava in medium flame for a minute.
2. Melt ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds and pepper seeds. After they pop, add chopped ginger and slitted green chilli.
3. Then add mashed dal to it and mix. Add water and let it come to boil.
4. Add rava slowly and keep stirring to avoid lumps and cook for 2-3 minutes until rava gets soft.
5. Add cashews fried in ghee on top. Serve warm with chutney.