Aval upma is one of the healthy breakfast recipes. This is prepared within minutes when you are in a hurry in morning. This poha upma also serves as a good travel food for babies and kids. The upma with red aval is healthier and delicious than the normal poha. It is not only healthy but also completely filling. This is very low calorie food that aids in weight loss.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Red poha – 2 cups
- Onion – 1
- Red chilli – 2
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Curry leaves – 5
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
1. Wash the red poha twice. Take it in a bowl, add little water and let it be soaked for few minutes until the poha absorbs the water.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, Channa dal and urad dal. Once it splutters add chopped onions.
3. Saute well until it turns translucent. Add curry leaves and saute for a minute.
4. Now drain the water if any and add the soaked poha along with required salt.
5. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and the red aval upma is ready.
Serve hot as such or with a chutney.