Restaurant style Paneer butter masala is a popular, delicious side dish for chapathi, phulka or naan. Paneer cubes are cooked to the tomato and rich cashew based gravy. It is rich, creamy and aromatic. This is fool proof recipe and tastes great even with jeera rice and pulao.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of restaurant style paneer butter masala below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 40 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Paneer – 250 gms
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom – 1
- Cashews – 10
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 3 tbsp
- Salt – as required
FOR SAUTING AND GRINDING:
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 3
- Garlic – 8
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and saute until it turns color. Add chopped onion and saute until it turns translucent.
2. Add tomato and saute until it turns mushy. Add Coriander seeds and saute for a minute.
3. Allow it to cool down completely. Transfer it to blender, add little water and grind into paste. Keep aside.
4. Soak Cashews in water for 10 minutes and grind into smooth paste.
5. Heat a pan, melt butter and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and cumin seeds. Saute for a minute.
6. Add the grounded onion tomato paste into it. Stir well and add salt, Coriander powder, garam masala powder and chilli powder. Stir and cook for few minutes until oil starts leaving the sides.
7. Add cashews paste and paneer cubes along with little water. Cook covered in low flame for 5 minutes.
8. Add fresh cream, stir and cook for a minute. Do not overcook as paneer will become rubbery.
9. Switch off the flame. Take Kasuri methi in hand, crush it and sprinkle in the gravy.
10. Mix slightly and drizzle some some fresh cream on top.
Paneer butter masala is ready. Serve it hot for chapathi, phulka or naan.