Rice flour besan murukku / instant chakli recipe with step-wise pictures. Rice flour Besan murukku is crispy fried festival snack made with gram flour and rice flour as main ingredients. It is one of the easy diwali snack recipe.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- badam murukku
- garlic red rice murukku
- achu murukku / rose cookies
- potato sweet mixture
- poha chivda / mixture
Total time required : 55 minutes
No. Of serving : 20 murukku
Recipe source : vegrecipesofindia
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Besan / gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 2 and 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for deep frying
1. Take rice flour and besan in a mixing bowl. Add required salt, Turmeric powder, chilli powder, Cumin seeds and asafoetida to the flour mixture and mix.
2. Melt butter and add the hot butter to the flour and mix well with hands.
3. Heat water until it starts to boil and add this hot water to the flour mixture little by little and keep mixing.
4. Add required water and Knead the mixture to make a smooth dough. Cover and rest the dough for 30 minutes.
5. Once done, knead again once and place some portion of dough inside the murukku maker with Star attachment.
6. Tighten the lid and press to squeeze the dough through the star attachment. Move it in circular motion to make murukku in spiral shape.
7. Repeat for remaining dough. Heat oil for deep frying, check temperature dropping a small piece. It has to rise to top slowly. This is the correct temperature.
8. Drop the prepared dough murukku into oil carefully. Fry in medium flame until golden on both sides.
9. Remove from oil and drain excess oil in Kitchen tissues. Fry the remaining murukku in batches.
10. Serve it warm. Once cooled, store in airtight container. It stays good for a long time.