Rose flavoured cherry cake is my own try with the ingredients that I had at home. I am super excited and surprised with its taste and pleasant colour. I thought of doing honey cake but little modified the recipe adding rose essence and cherry which resulted in delicious moist cherry cake. I couldnt wait to share it with you all. Do try it and let me know 🙂 🙂
- Plain flour – 1 and 1/4 cup
- Cherries – 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Rose essence – 1 tsp
- Rose syrup / Rooh afza – 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree. Chop cherries and mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl using whisk.
2. In another bowl, take condensed milk, oil, rose essence, rose syrup and lemon juice and mix well. Add it to flour and mix without lumps.
3. Transfer to a pan greased with oil and dusted with little flour. Add chopped cherries at top and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean. Mine got done at 42 minutes.
4. Cool down in a wire rack and invert it to a plate.
5. Serve and enjoy the delicious rose cake.