Rose milk is a super flavored summer coolant and it is very famous in my place where you can find rose milk shops in every street. I remember having it almost daily in a shop near to my school. During summer holidays, I prepare the rose milk at home with ready made rose milk powder. After coming here to Dubai, I prepare the cold drinks often and this rose milk with homemade rose syrup is one among the drinks as it is my husband’s favorite. The rose syrup can be prepared and stored in jar even for a month. With that syrup you can prepare instant rose milk whenever needed.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No.of serving : 2
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Food color – 1 tsp
- Rose water – 2 tsp
- Milk – 2 cups
1. Take sugar and water in a pan and bring to boil. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add food color and stir well. Boil it in medium flame until it reduces and becomes sticky. No need of any consistency.
3. Remove from flame and add rose water. Mix and allow it to cool completely. This is rose syrup, pour into a jar and store in fridge.
4. For preparing rose milk, boil milk in a pan and cool it. Take serving glass, add some ice cubes, add 4 tbsp of rose syrup and pour the cooled milk to it and mix.
5. Rose milk is ready to be served.
Serve the rose milk always chilled for better taste.