Saffron falooda / Kesar falooda recipe with step-wise pictures. Saffron falooda / Kesar falooda is a rich, creamy and heavenly dessert drink. It is prepared with saffron syrup, sev, nuts and Kesar pista ice cream. I had this falooda in a restaurant for the first time and just loved it. From then I wanted to try at home and share it. I have prepared it yesterday and could bring it in exact taste. The taste totally depends on the saffron syrup we prepare separately. Usually the saffron is added to milk and boiled but in this recipe we make it separately as syrup, that can be stored in a container. The syrup can be used in any desserts. I had some remaining gulab jamun sugar syrup so used that adding saffron. This is perfect dessert for any party and occasions at home.
If you are looking for some recipes to use leftover gulab jamun sugar syrup then check out my shakarpara/ sweet diamond cuts recipe that I have already posted.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 2-3
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Saffron – 25-30 strands
- Basil seeds / Sabja seeds – 2 tsp
- Vermicelli – 1/2 cup
- Pistachios – for garnishing
- Kesar pista ice-cream – 4 scoops
1. Take basil seeds in a bowl, add enough water and let it be soaked for 20-25 minutes. Later strain excess water and keep aside. It would have increased in quantity.
2. Cook vermicelli adding water until it becomes soft. Drain excess water and keep aside.
3. Boil sugar and water in a pan. Once the sugar dissolves, add saffron and boil until it becomes thick golden yellow syrup. This is saffron syrup.
4. Boil milk and let it cool. Once all the preparation is over, we can assemble the falooda.
5. Take a tall serving glass, pour 2 tbsp of saffron syrup followed by 2 tbsp of soaked basil seeds and vermicelli each.
6. Now pour the cooled milk until it reaches 3/4th of the glass. Top with 2 scoops of ice cream.
7. Garnish with few strands of saffron and chopped pistachios.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- You can use any flavor of ice cream but Kesar pista ice cream adds more of kulfi taste to falooda.
- I have used leftover gulab jamun sugar syrup, added little more saffron to it and boiled again for a minute.
- I have used rice vermicelli as I didn’t have falooda sev that time. You can add falooda sev to the recipe.
Enjoy this delicious falooda with saffron flavor.