Saffron lassi is rich, creamy, flavorful sweet lassi served in Jodhpur, many parts of Rajasthan and Punjab. The saffron when blended with thick curd and sugar gives a exotic taste to the lassi. It is completely refreshing and best to enjoy in this summer.
You can also add fresh mangoes to this lassi to enjoy it in added mango taste and flavor. This drink can be served for breakfast or as special welcome drink to guests.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Thick yogurt / curd – 2 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Saffron threads – generous pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ice cubes – 6
- Chopped nuts – for garnishing (optional)
1. Slightly warm the milk and add saffron threads to it. Keep aside until the milk cools.
2. Take curd, sugar, ice cubes, cardamom powder and cooled milk along with saffron to the blender.
3. Add little water if needed and blend everything until frothy.
4. Pour into tall glasses and garnish with some saffron threads and nuts.
5. After half an hour, the color of lassi changes to mild yellow color as saffron gets well dissolved.
6. The delicious kesar lassi is ready.
7. Serve this refreshing drink and enjoy.