Saffron tea recipe with step-wise pictures. Saffron is a wonder spice often used in cooking. It is considered as one among the world’s costly spices and has enormous health benefits. It is well known for treating depression, asthma, heart health, anti cancer properties and very good for skin. Saffron tea is rich refreshing hot drink for this cold weather. This tea can be had as such with or without milk. For dairy free version add coconut milk after adding normal Saffron tea. I had this tea in filli’s cafe and loved its flavor and taste. Of course you can feel the unique flavor of Saffron in every sip of tea.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Water – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp or as per taste
- Tea powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Saffron strands – 20
- Cardamom – 3
1. Boil water in a pan. Add crushed cardamom and Saffron strands to the water and allow it to boil in medium flame for a minute.
2. Add tea powder and continue boiling it for 2-3 minutes. It would turn to dark golden brown color.
3. Then add milk and sugar to it. Stir and boil for a minute.
4. Strain tea in a cup and serve by sprinkling few Saffron strands on top.
5. Enjoy the hot sip of flavored tea.
- Whole spices like cloves, cinnamon and pepper can be added to make spiced and flavored tea.
- Honey can be added instead of sugar.