Sathu maavu ladoo as the name describes, it is made with all healthy ingredients. This makes a complete nutritious snack for babies and toddlers. Usually porridge is prepared with this sathu maavu but when you have fussy eater at home this can be given to them as evening snack adding their favourite like nuts, raisins or Coconut. Sathu maavu is a healthy option for weight gain so one ladoo can be given daily to kids.
- Sathu maavu – 1 cup
- Palm jaggery – 1 /2 cup
- Ghee – 4 tsp
- Dry fruits powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Cashews – 10
- Raisins – 10
1.Heat a tsp of ghee and add sathu maavu to it and roast well in low flame for 10 minutes.
2.When it changes colour and nice aroma comes, remove from flame and transfer to mixing bowl.
3.Fry cashews and raisins in ghee and add to sathu maavu along with ghee.
4.Add powdered jaggery and dry fruits powder to the mixture.
5.Mix everything well and shape into small balls using hands. Repeat for remaining mixture.
- Ghee can be added little by little to make balls.
- A tsp of milk can also be added to make firm balls.
- Powdered sugar or normal jaggery can also be used.
- Store in airtight container and this stays good for 15 days.