Sheer khurma is a traditional dessert prepared during Ramadan. This pudding is prepared by Muslims as festive breakfast or dessert. This kheer is rich, delicious and creamy. It is prepared with lots of dry fruits, fine vermicelli and dates. This requires little effort to chop the dry fruits but completely worth all the efforts.
You can add any dry fruits of your choice. I have added walnuts and melon seeds as I didn’t have Cashews and pistachios while making it.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of sheer khurma below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Vermicelli – 1/2 cup
- Chopped dry fruits – 1/4 cup
- Saffron – 1/2 tsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Dates – 10
- Dried figs – 10
- Rose water – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
1. Melt a tsp of ghee in a pan, add chopped nuts and saute until golden. Remove from ghee, keep aside.
2. Add another tsp of ghee to the same pan. Add vermicelli and saute well in low flame for 2 minutes. Remove from flame.
3. Add raisins and fry until fluffy. Remove and keep aside.
1. Boil milk in a pan. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame.
2. Take saffron in a bowl, add little hot milk and keep aside.
3. Now take chopped dates and dry figs in another bowl. Add little hot milk and keep aside so that dates becomes soft.
4. Add water to the remaining boiling milk and boil in medium flame. Add roasted vermicelli and sugar to the milk and cook until soft.
5. Add soaked saffron, fried dry fruits and soaked dates to it. Mix well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Switch off, add rose water to it and stir. The delicious sheer khurma is ready.
7. Serve and enjoy it hot or chilled.