Shrikhand recipe – Shrikhand is a traditional dessert from Maharashtra and Gujarat. It is prepared from hung curd and sugar as main ingredients. This is smooth, creamy and heavenly dessert and can also be served as accompaniment for puris. Hung curd is needed for making this heavenly recipe (refer step 1 & 2).
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Thick curd / greek yogurt – 2 cups
- Powdered sugar – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped nuts – 2 tbsp
1. Let’s see how to prepare hung curd. Take a wide bowl, place strainer on it. Spread a cheesecloth and add curd into it.
2. Bring all the edges of cloth together and tie a knot. Gently squeeze and keep this whole thing in refrigerator overnight. You can see the whey water getting collected in the bowl.
3. After overnight, open the cloth and you can see a thick hung curd. Transfer the hung curd into a bowl.
4. Add powdered sugar and Cardamom powder to it. Stir well using spoon or whisk until everything is combined.
5. Refrigerate it for an hour. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled.
6. The delicious Shrikhand is ready.