Potato poriyal is a simple and tasty side dish that goes very well with any rice. My favourite combination is to have potato fry with curd rice. The yummy combo. I have prepared it as side dish for mor kulambu and rice. So without further delay let’s see how to make this simple potato poriyal.
You can also like similar potato recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe for potato poriyal below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Potatoes – 5
- Onion – 1
- Curry leaves – 6
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli – 2
- Sambar powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Wash and boil potatoes until soft. You can also pressure cook. Peel the skin and cut into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once it splutters add curry leaves and red chilli.
3. Add chopped onion and saute well until it becomes translucent.
4. Now add the potato pieces and sprinkle little water.
5. Add turmeric powder, sambar powder and salt. Stir and cook in medium flame for few minutes.
6. The potatoes has to be roasted well and coated with masala.
7. Remove from flame and serve it with rice and kulambu.