Sooji apple kheer is an easy, healthy dessert recipe for babies, toddlers and kids. Rava and apple is a perfect combo and makes the kheer delicious. You can give this kheer to babies as breakfast or evening snack. This is shravanthi’s favorite evening snack and I make it often when she was baby. I have added little sugar as the apple is not sweet enough and I have made for the whole family. For babies less than one year, don’t add cow’s milk and any artificial sweetener. You can add dates syrup instead.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Barley sweet potato kheer
- Sooji banana kheer
- Aval kheer
- Foxtail millet kheer
- Apple pear kheer
- Green peas kheer
I have uploaded the video recipe of sooji apple kheer for babies below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Rava – 1/4 cup
- Apple – 1
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp (don’t for babies below 1 yr)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
1. Heat a pan, add rava and dry roast in medium flame for 2-3 minutes without changing color.
2. Wash, peel the skin of apple and grate it. Keep aside and take care not to change color.
3. Heat a pan with milk and water together. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and add roasted rava.
4. Cook stirring continuously without lumps. Once it becomes little thick, add cardamom powder, grated apple and sugar.
5. Mix everything and cook for a minute without forming lumps.
6. Switch off, add coconut milk and mix everything together. The delicious apple sooji kheer is ready.