This can be given to babies after introducing sooji and banana seperately. The halwa is easy to have due to its smooth consistency and can be given once in a while as sweet treat.
- Sooji- 2 tsp
- Banana- 1
- Milk-1 cup
- Dry fruits- as required
- Ghee-1 sp
- Roast sooji with ghee in a pan, till it slightly changes color and nice aroma of sooji comes.
- Add cup of milk and cook in slow flame. Stir well contiously to prevent burning at the bottom.
- When the sooji is completely cooked, add mashed banana and cook for a minute.
- It will sooner come to halwa consistency, then add dry fruits roasted in ghee( optional).
- For babies less than one year skip cow’s milk. Mother milk or formula milk can be added after preparing halwa to adjust consistency.
- Dry fruits has to be grinded finely for babies to prevent choking.