French fries are tasty, crispy and delightful evening snack loved by most people. This masala French fries is a variation to the normal french fries. The potato sticks are marinated with the spices and fried or baked. I have fried it in oil until it crispy. My husband and shravanthi love french fries a lot and eat it often from shop. I thought of trying it at home and it is always better.
I like to eat french fries with garlic mayonnaise. You can also eat it with ketchup or green chutney. I have added garlic oregano for seasoning. You can add any dry herbs or spices.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of spicy masala french fries below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 50 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Potatoes – 3 large size
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Oregano – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Salt – as required
1. Peel the skin of potatoes. Chop them lengthwise. Keep it immersed in water to prevent it changing color.
2. Drain the potato from water and add it to a mixing bowl. Add salt and mix. Keep it aside for 4-5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, take the spices mentioned – pepper powder, chilli powder, oregano and corn flour in a bowl. Mix well.
4. Now spread the potatoes in a plate. The salt added to potatoes would have left some water in the bowl.
5. Add the mixed spices to potatoes and marinate well until it gets well coated with spices.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, check adding small piece, it has to rise immediately.
7. Now add the potatoes in batches. Do not overcrowd in oil. Fry for 5-10 minutes in medium flame until it slightly changes color and gets cooked.
8. Remove from oil and place it on kitchen tissues. Again fry them on high heat for a minute. This is done to make it crispy.
9. Repeat for the remaining potatoes.
10. Serve the french fries with sauce or dips.