Sulaimani is a spiced black tea famous in Malabar region in Kerala. It is aromatic, flavorful drink that aids in digestion. This is usually served after a heavy meal in hotels. I had this in mandi restaurant in Dubai where they serve this at last after having a heavy biryani. I just love this drink and go for glass after glass.
This is prepared by adding few spices, lemon juice and mint leaves to the black tea. If you are a fan of tea then you should definitely give a try to this sulaimani. It is healthy and has lots of benefits.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of sulaimani below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Water – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Tea Leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cardamom – 1
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp grated
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Mint leaves – 6
- Sugar / jaggery – 2 tsp
1. Boil water in a pan. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and add tea leaves.
2. Stir and keep boiling. Crush Cloves, cinnamon and cardamom using mortar and pestle.
3. Add the crushed spices to the boiling tea along with grated ginger.
4. Stir well and add jaggery or sugar. Boil the tea for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove from flame and strain the tea.
5. Add lemon juice and mint leaves.
6. Stir and Serve hot.