Sweet ammini kozhukattai recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Sweet ammini kozhukattai is simple kozhukattai recipe that is prepared with rice flour, coconut and jaggery. This is can be prepared in sweet or spicy version. There are many variations in making this ammini kozhukattai. The jaggery syrup can be added to rice flour for making sweet dough and then the small balls made out of that dough is steamed. I have shared another variation of making this ammini kozhukattai.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of sweet ammini kozhukattai below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Grated jaggery – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
1. Take a pan and add water, salt and a tsp of oil to it. Bring it to boil.
2. As it starts boiling, reduce the flame and add rice flour to it. Keep mixing without lumps.
3. Once it comes together as dough, switch off the flame and allow it to cool a bit.
4. Add a tsp of oil to the dough once it is hot enough to touch and knead into smooth, non sticky dough.
5. Make small balls out of all the dough, place the prepared balls in idli plate or steamer and steam for 10 minutes. Once done, keep aside covered.
6. Then add jaggery, water, Cardamom powder and coconut to a pan. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Now add the steamed balls and mix well for a minute until everything is combined and becomes thick. The balls has to be coated well with jaggery and coconut mixture.
8. The delicious ammini kozhukattai is ready.