I like bun very much and use to eat the bun with tea during school days. Even now when I go to bakery with my mother, we order this bun. I never thought this home made buns would come out so well like the one in shops. This is my first try in making buns and I am very much happy with the outcome. I tried two different buns, one with stuffing coconut and the other with nutella and rolling them. Both turned out so well. You can find the recipe of nutella folded bun too.
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Salt – pinch
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Instant yeast – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup + 3 tblspn for brushing on top
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Tutti fruity – 1/3 cup
- Cherries – 10
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Honey – 2 tblspn
1. Take all purpose flour, sugar, salt, oil and yeast in a mixing bowl. If using dry yeast activate it before adding. I have added instant yeast directly to the flour.
2. Heat milk until little warm and add it little by little to the flour and knead into sticky dough.
3. Cover and keep it aside for an hour until the dough is rised doubled the size.
4. Meanwhile we can prepare stuffing. Take coconut and sugar in a blender and blend into coarse mixture.
5. Transfer into a bowl and add tutti fruity, chopped cherries, cardamom powder and honey. Mix well.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease with oil. Once the dough is raised, punch it well to release the air and Knead well.
7. Divide the dough into small portions. Take one portion and roll into small circle, keep a tsp of stuffing in the middle and pinch all the edges towards the center to cover the stuffing.
8. Roll into smooth bun. Repeat this for the remaining portions. Arrange them in baking tray and keep covered until it rises little.
9. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and after the bun raised little, brush the top with milk and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top turns brown.
10. Once done brush the top with milk. The soft, yummy sweet buns is ready. Enjoy with a cup of tea.
- To activate yeast, add it to warm milk along with some sugar and leave it for few minutes until it becomes foamy. Now this can be added to the flour. This is called proofing the yeast.
- Fresh coconut or dessicated coconut can be used. I have added fresh coconut and the buns got over in a day. If you have remaining, keep in refrigerator.