The sweet corn sandwich is my first sandwich try at home. This is healthy sandwich with capsicum and sweet corn. When we went out my baby girl seemed to like sandwich very much and asked for more. So I prepared it as evening snack with corn. I have used frozen corn kernels. If using fresh corn then steam or boil the corn before doing.
The video recipe of sweet corn and capsicum sandwich is here.
- Bread – 6 slices
- Sweet corn – 1 cup
- Capsicum – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Mayonnaise – 4 tblspn
- Pepper (crushed) – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 2 tsp + 3 tsp for spreading
1. Add butter on tawa and keep the slices above it and toast in medium flame on both sides until it becomes slight brown and crispy.
2. Heat butter in pan, add cumin seeds and add chopped capsicum. Saute for a minute.
3. Then add sweet corn and chopped tomato. Saute well until tomato becomes soft and mushy.
4. Add crushed pepper and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute until everything is combined.
5. Remove from flame and let it cool. For plating keep one slices of toasted bread and apply mayonnaise. Then place the stuffing and spread evenly.
6. Apply butter on another bread slice and place it above the stuffing.
7. Our tasty and healthy sandwich is ready.