Aval jaggery is one of the simplest recipe prepared in two minutes. It is traditional recipe prepared for neivedhyam. This can also be given as breakfast or evening snacks for babies and kids. This is such a instant recipe to make if you are in a hurry. This tastes great and smells Divine.
Total time required : 3 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Aval – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 4 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry fruits powder – 2 tsp
- Coconut – 2 tbsp
1. Rinse the aval well in water and drain the water completely. I used thin variety so aval has become soft after washing.
2. Melt jaggery in a pan adding little water. Once dissolves, filter to remove impurities and boil again.
3. Add coconut and cardamom powder to the jaggery. Mix well and remove from flame.
4. Add aval and dry fruits powder to it and mix. The aval will absorb all the water and becomes thick.
5. Drizzle a tsp of ghee in top before serving.
Serve this as dessert or snack.