Gulab jamun recipe…. Yes finally I made one gulab jamun recipe with sweet potato. Though I like it a lot never posted a gulab jamun recipe. I tried once and my jamuns started floating so from that time I am little hesitate to try it again. I recently saw a recipe in a group an really wanted to do it. It is very simple and healthy too with sweet potato. The jamuns tasted absolutely awesome and my husband said it is better than the normal ones. I had a cup of leftover sugar syrup the next day so prepared a yummy recipe using that. Stay tuned for the recipe. Do try this sweet potato gulab jamuns for diwali and enjoy.
- Sweet potato – 2 medium size
- All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – for frying
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 2
- Rose water – 2 tsp
1. Wash and boil sweet potatoes until it is completely soft.
2. Meanwhile prepare sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water until sticky. No need of any consistency. Remove from flame and add cardamom and rose water.
3. Peel the skin and mash it well without lumps using masher or hand.
4. Add all purpose flour and salt to it and knead into smooth dough. Take small portion out of dough and roll into small balls. Keep aside.
5. Heat oil for frying in a pan. Check by dropping small piece of dough, it has to rise slowly to top. This is the correct temperature.
6. Keep the flame in medium to low, drop the balls slowly. Do not turn immediately and fry until it turns golden brown on all sides.
7. Remove from oil and drain excess oil in kitchen tissues. Drop it slowly into sugar syrup. Let it remain for a minute and remove from syrup. The jamuns will absorb the syrup fast so remove from syrup after a minute.
8. The sweet potato jamuns are ready.