Yesterday is our wedding anniversary and I have made two cakes in different flavors. One is my husband’s favorite vanilla sponge cake with whipping cream frosting in his favorite mango flavor. The other is my favorite chocolate cake with coffee chocolate glaze. The batter preparation for both the cakes is same. I have divided the batter into two parts and proceeded with different cakes. I will be sharing recipes for both the cakes with you all. Now beginners like me can make your own celebration cakes at home for any occasions.
The cake is simple, spongy, moist and has extremely delicious. Now let’s see the first cake recipe of vanilla sponge cake with mango whipped cream frosting. You may also like similar recipes here:
- Vanilla sponge microwave cake
- Gulab jamun cake
- Whole wheat tutti frutti cake
- Bakery style honey cake
- Gulkand whole wheat cake
- Whole wheat zebra cake
I have uploaded the video recipe of the vanilla sponge cake with whipped cream frosting below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Baking time : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 medium size cake
- Cake flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Icing Sugar – 2 cups
- Eggs – 3
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
FOR SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Whipping cream – 1 cup
- Mango essence – 1 tbsp
- Yellow food color – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
FOR THE CAKE:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease the baking pan with oil and dust some flour.
2. In a bowl, sift and combine cake flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
3. Add oil, water and one egg to the flour mixture. Whip in low speed for a minute.
4. Add the remaining two eggs and whip in high speed for 5 minutes until combined.
5. Pour the prepared batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180°C or until the inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Once done, allow it to cool completely.
FOR THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
Take equal amount of sugar and water in a pan and boil until sugar dissolves. Once done, remove from flame and allow it to cool.
FOR THE FROSTING:
1. Take the whipping cream in a wide bowl. Add sugar, essence and food color to it.
2. Whip in medium speed for 5 minutes or until thick forming stiff peaks. Refrigerate until use.
ASSEMBLING COMPLETE CAKE:
1. Once the cake is cooled, slowly remove the dark brown thick sides and bottom of the cake using knife. This is optional.
2. Once done, place the cake in plate. Pour little simple sugar syrup all over the cake. This makes the cake moist and juicy.
3. I did single cake without layers. If you want you can cut the cake into two halves and spread the frosting between the layers.
4. Spread generous amount of frosting evenly all over the cake using spatula. Refrigerate the cake for 10 minutes.
5. Apply second coat of frosting and spread evenly for smoothing the layer. This is optional and I stopped with one layer of frosting.
6. Fill the piping bag with remaining whipped cream and make rosettes or flowers using suitable piping nozzles. I did simple rosettes on top.
7. The simple whipped cream vanilla celebration cake is ready.
8. Refrigerate the cake till the time for celebration. Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.