Vazhakkai varuval is a one of the simplest south Indian side dish. It is spicy, crispy and prepared quickly. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare this delicious side dish. It goes well with rasam rice, curd rice or any rice varieties. I have just fried it in iron pan with very less oil and it doesn’t require much oil to get cooked. I have prepared this as a side dish for rice along with easy tomato rasam. Let’s see how to make this varuval with raw banana.
I have uploaded the video recipe of this vazhakkai varuval below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Raw banana – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp heaped
- Salt – as required
- Gram flour / besan – 1 tsp heaped
- Oil – 2 tsp
1. Wash and peel the skin of raw banana. Cut the sides and slice into thin circles.
2. Boil water and add the chopped pieces to it. Add little turmeric powder and salt. Boil it for few minutes until it gets cooked.
3. Once cooked, drain the water and take the cooked slices in a bowl. Add besan, salt, turmeric powder and sambar powder.
4. Mix everything well with hands until the slices are well coated with masala.
5. Heat a pan with oil, add the masala coated slices slowly and roast it well until crispy.
6. Remove and serve it hot.