Veg manchurian dry recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Veg manchurian dry is a Indo – Chinese recipe that goes well for fried rice, pulao or noodles. The vegetable balls are tossed in sauce until coated. This manchurian is a perfect starter to serve for any party or occasions. I have not added soya sauce or chilli sauce and made it more of Indian taste. Also, I have added garlic granules that I had lying at home so adding it is optional.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of veg manchurian below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Potatoes – 2 medium size
- Carrots – 2
- Cabbage chopped – 1 cup
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Besan / gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 4 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Garlic finely chopped – 3 tsp
- Onion – 1
- Tomato ketchup – 3 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – as required
- Salt – as required
1. Wash, peel the skin of carrot and grate it. Wash potatoes, boil it water until soft and mash well. Chop or grate cabbage finely and keep aside.
2. I have used fresh frozen peas. If using dried peas, then soak it in water and pressure cook before adding.
3. Take all the vegetables in a wide mixing bowl. Add Garam masala, asafoetida, Coriander powder, chilli powder, Turmeric powder and required salt to it.
4. Mix everything with hands until the masala gets well mixed the veggies. Now add the gram flour and rice flour and keep mixing.
5. The mixture has to be thick and has to hold shape, so adjust the quantity of gram flour accordingly. Check for salt.
6. Make small balls from this veggie mixture and keep aside. Heat pan with oil for deep frying.
7. To check the temperature, drop a small piece of mixture and it has to rise to top immediately.
8. Drop the prepared balls carefully into oil and fry in medium flame turning to all sides. Fry until the kofta turns golden and crispy.m
9. Remove from oil and drain excess oil in kitchen tissues. Repeat for remaining balls frying in batches.
10. Heat a pan adding oil. Now add slitted green chilli, minced garlic and finely chopped onion.
11. Saute well into it turns translucent. Now add ketchup, vinegar,salt and pepper powder. Mix well and cook for a minute.
12. Add the fried balls and toss it well until all the balls gets well coated with sauce.
13. Switch off the flame and garnish with Coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot with noodles or fried rice and enjoy.