Veg pulao recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Veg pulao is a simple, delicious one pot meal that is prepared cooking rice, vegetables and spices in pressure cooker. This pulao makes a complete and perfect meal in weekends. The rice can be cooked completely in coconut milk for a rich taste and flavor. I have skipped adding coconut milk. The pulao goes well with simple raita and my personal preference is with paneer butter masala.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of veg pulao below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Basmati rice – 3 cups
- Water – 5 and 1/2 cups
- Mixed vegetables – 2 cups (carrot, beans, potato, peas and Cauliflower)
- Onion – 2
- Green chilli – 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves – handful
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cloves – 4
- Star anise – 1
- Cardamom – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes. Wash and Chop all the vegetables and onion.
2. Heat a pressure cooker adding oil. Once hot, add Cinnamon, Cloves, star anise, cardamom, bay leaf and Cumin seeds.
3. Once it splutters, add slitted green chilli and ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute.
4. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent. Now add mint leaves and saute until shrinks.
5. Add all the chopped vegetables and cook for a minute stirring well. Now add the soaked rice along with the water and required salt.
6. Mix everything together and bring to boil. Once it starts boiling, close the lid and pressure cook for one whistle.
7. Allow the pressure to seize. Open the lid, add a tsp of Ghee and gently fluff up the rice with fork.
8. Serve hot with paneer butter masala.