Toasted sandwich is a tasty and delicious street food. Many variations of filling is stuffed to make it tasty. The sandwich is normally spread with green chutney and filling is placed. I have prepared the stuffing with carrot, green peas and cabbage. Also prepared by spreading mayonnaise instead of chutney. It is completely filling and best served as evening snacks to kids after school.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required: 15 minutes
No. of serving: 2
- Bread slices – 6
- Onion – 1
- Carrot – 1 cup grated
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup chopped
- Green peas – 1/2
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once it splutters add chopped onion.
2. Saute until translucent. Add cabbage and saute for a minute.
3. Add grated carrot and green peas. Saute well and add little water.
4. Add required salt and pepper powder. Mix and cook covered for few minutes until the vegetables gets cooked.
5. After all the water evaporates, transfer into a bowl and keep aside. This is the filling.
6. For toasting bread, heat a tawa with ghee and place the bread slices. Toast it on both sides until brown spots appear.
7. For arranging the sandwich, keep a toasted bread slice on plate.Spread the mayonnaise on top and place 2 tsp of filling.
8. Spread it with spoon until it covers the bread. Place another bread slice on top spreading mayonnaise.
9. The vegetable toasted sandwich is ready to be served.