Vella pori is sweet recipe we usually prepare at home as snacks. This is prepared in the same way as pori urundai but it is less coated with jaggery syrup and not made into balls. This is sweet, crispy and tasty snack for kids that can be prepared in minutes. Vella pori can also be prepared as festival recipe and stored in airtight container. It remains good for more than a month.
Here is the video recipe of vella pori. Click, watch and subscribe to my youtube channel for more video recipes.
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Puffed rice – as required
1. Heat jaggery with water until it dissolves and filter it.
2. Boil it again adding cardamom powder, until it reaches rolling ball consistency. It may take approx 7-10 minutes to reach consistency. This consistency is required for the shelf life and to keep the pori crispy.
3. To check the consistency, drop few drops of syrup into water. It has to remain in place and when taken in hand it has to hold the shape as ball.
4. Then remove from flame and add the puffed rice into the syrup and mix well. The quantity of puffed rice depends on the quantity of syrup obtained.
5. This can also be made into balls when it is enough to touch to make pori urundai.
6. Let it cool and store in airtight container.