The very simple and delicious payasam that is prepared often for festival at home. This is my favourite payasam from childhood and my mother prepares it for my every birthday at home. Even though I make it often, I didn’t even blog it for no reason. I prepared it for vinayagar chathurthi so took pictures after my Pooja and added the recipe. This is very simple quick dessert prepared within minutes.
- Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cashews – 10
- Raisins – 10
1. Heat ghee in a pan and roast vermicelli for a minute. You also also use ready-made roasted vermicelli.
2. Boil milk and water together and when it comes to boil, add vermicelli.
3. Stir well. Add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix and cook for two minutes until the vermicelli becomes little soft.
4. Add Cashews and raisins fried in ghee. Stir well and serve warm or chill.
5. The yummy vermicelli kheer ready.
- The payasam becomes little thick once cooled so adjust consistency by adding boiled milk before serving if required.
- The same quantity of Condensed milk can be added instead of sugar.
- Grated coconut can also be added before removing from flame and it enhances the taste.