Semiya pakoda recipe with step-wise pictures. A piping hot semiya pakoda with a tea is a perfect evening snack to have in this weather. Usually I have seen pakoda prepared with vermicelli. I wanted to try it with paneer and turned out to be delicious, crispy pakoda. I didn’t have besan at the time of preparation so made it with corn flour. It is crispy outside and soft inside. Don’t forget to enjoy this pakoda with a ketchup or mayonnaise.
- Vermicelli – 1/2 cup
- Paneer – 10
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 2
- Rice flour – 3 heaped tsp
- Corn flour – 3 heaped tsp
- Curd – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for frying
1. Cook vermicelli with enough water until it becomes soft and do not overcook. Strain excess water, pour cold water and strain it again. Keep aside.
2. Mash paneer with hands or grate it using a grater.
3. Cut onion lengthwise and take it in a mixing bowl. Add chopped green chilli, rice flour, corn flour, red chilli powder, salt, curd and lemon juice to it.
4. Add crumbled paneer and cooked vermicelli to it and mix everything together. No need to add water as moisture in vermicelli is enough to bind everything.
5. Heat oil for deep frying. Check by dropping little amount in oil, it has to rise to top. This is the right temperature.
6. Take small portion and drop into oil. Fry until it turns golden brown on all sides.
7. Remove from oil and drain it in kitchen tissues.
8. Serve hot with ketchup or your preferred chutney.