Walnut is one of the super foods and if it is very good for skin and hair. Walnut has cancer fighting properties and promotes heart health. It is packed with antioxidants. Though it has many health benefits, we eat it rarely due to its little bitter taste. The burfi prepared with walnut is super delicious and nutty. One can’t even find that it is made with walnut, it is little crunchy and soft. This can be prepared quickly than the other katli recipes. You can also make ladoos with the same recipe. I have made both katli and ladoo.
Cooking time : 15 minutes
No. of serving : 10 pieces
- Walnut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 8 tsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Saffron – few strands
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Raisins – 10
1. Powder walnut coarsely in a mixer and keep aside. Keep Saffron soaked in warm milk.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, add powdered walnut and roast in low flame for few minutes until it slightly changes color.
3. Add sugar and cardamom powder to it and stir. The mixture will loosen as sugar melts. Keep stirring in low flame for a minute.
4. Pour the milk along with soaked saffron and stir well. The mixture will start leaving ghee on sides and comes together within minutes.
5. Add raisins and mix. Remove from flame and allow it to cool a bit. Once it is warm enough to touch, take small balls out of the mixture and into ladoos.
6. For preparing katli, put the whole mixture in flat surface and knead gently to smooth dough. The ghee will ooze out and the dough will be non sticky.
7. Put the dough between butter papers and roll it flat in required thickness. Cut into desired shapes.
8. Serve the soft yummy katli or ladoo straight away.
- This gets cooked quickly so keep the flame in low throughout the preparation.
- Almond and pistachios can also be added to the make mixed nuts katli.
- This can be stored in airtight container and remains good for 3-4 days.