Wheat flour sweet seedai recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Wheat flour seedai is a crunchy festival recipe that is usually prepared for Gokulashtami. It is crispy, crunchy and makes a great evening snack. Usually seedai is prepared with rice flour, I have made it with wheat flour and used the leftover sugar syrup after preparing thaen mittai, that I had at home. You can also make this seedai adding jaggery syrup.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of wheat flour sweet seedai below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 40 minutes
No. Of serving : 2 cups and little more
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt – pinch
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – for frying
1. Take a pan, add wheat flour and rice flour to it. Dry roast in medium flame for 2-3 minutes without changing color. Allow it to cool and keep aside.
2. To the same pan, add grated coconut and dry roast for a minute until it slightly changes color.
3. Prepare sugar syrup, boiling sugar and water in a pan. Stir until sugar dissolves and becomes slightly thick.
1. Take a wide mixing bowl, sift the roasted flour to the bowl.
2. Add butter, roasted coconut, salt, Cardamom powder and sugar syrup to it. Mix together with a spoon.
3. Once it is hot enough to touch, handle with hands. Knead into smooth dough and dust some flour if needed.
4. Now pinch small amount of dough and roll it to make small balls. Heat oil in pan for deep frying. Check temperature by dropping small ball, it has to rise to top immediately.
5. Drop the prepared balls to oil in batches and fry in medium to low flame until it turns dark brown on all sides.
6. Take out the seedai from oil and drain excess oil in kitchen tissues. Repeat for remaining balls.
7. The seedai will be soft once it comes out of oil and turns crispy as it cools.
8. The tasty wheat flour sweet seedai is ready.
9. Store in airtight container once it cools and stays good for a month.