Wheat rava kesari is a delicious and healthy sweet that can be prepared prepared for any festival. It is similar to fine rava / Semolina kesari but healthy with goodness of wheat. The texture and taste differs from the normal kesari. You can feel the grainy texture of the wheat rava in the kesari which is very delightful.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Wheat rava – 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Food colour / kesari powder – pinch
- Cashews – 6
- Ghee – 2 tsp
1. Heat a pan with ghee. Add Cashews and fry until golden. Remove from ghee and keep aside.
2. Add wheat rava to the ghee in pan and fry for a minute. The rava has to slightly change color.
3. Pour in water or milk, stir and bring the mixture to boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes in medium flame until the rava gets well cooked.
4. Once it absorbs all the water, add kesari powder, crushed cardamom and sugar.
5. Mix and cook for few minutes. The kesari will loosen as sugar melts and become thick again.
6. Remove from flame. Add fried Cashews and mix.
7. The godhumai rava kesari is ready to be served.