Wheat sweet kozhukattai recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Wheat sweet kozhukattai is a tasty festival recipe prepared with whole wheat flour. This kozhukattai is soft, tastier than the rice flour recipe. This is my favorite kozhukattai recipe and learned it from my sister in law. This is simple to make and I liked it more than the rice flour kozhukattai. I have planned to share next to next vinayagar chaturthi recipes with the same dough that can be prepared in one go.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- vinayagar chathurthi recipes
- ellu kozhukattai
- besan ladoo
- wheat flour halwa
- banana halwa
- Peanut ladoo
I have uploaded the video recipe of wheat sweet kozhukattai below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 12 kozhukattai
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Water – as required
- Peanuts – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 2
1. Let’s start with preparing stuffing. Dry roast peanuts in medium flame until it turns golden.
2. Allow it to cool, remove the skin and add the roasted peanuts to mixer along with Cardamom and jaggery.
3. Grind everything into smooth powder and keep aside. This is the stuffing.
4. For making dough, sieve wheat flour to a bowl. Add salt and sugar to it and mix with a spoon.
5. Add water little by little to the flour and mix. Knead into smooth dough. Divide the dough into small balls.
6. Flatten the ball with rolling pin and cut into round shape disc. Repeat for remaining dough.
7. Take small dough disc and place a tsp of stuffing at center. Close it from one end up the other and seal the edges well. You can also make it using mould (refer pictures).
8. Place all the prepared kozhukattai in steamer or idli plate and steam for 10 minutes.
9. Once done, remove from steamer and allow it to cool.
10. The delicious wheat kozhukattai is ready. Prepare for vinayagar chaturthi and enjoy.