White Veg Kurma recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. White Veg Kurma is saravana bhavan hotel style vegetable kurma that goes well with chapatti, idiyappam, appam or parotta. This is simple and easy kurma recipe and tastes similar to the hotel kuruma. I have already posted mixed vegetable kurma recipe and this recipe slightly varies from that. I have prepared this as side dish for idiyappam.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- mixed vegetable kurma
- cauliflower peas kurma
- baby corn kurma
- mixed sprouts kurma
- tomato onion thokku
I have uploaded the video recipe of white veg kurma below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Carrot – 1
- Small potatoes – 10
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 large size
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Pepper seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Cashews – 6
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Star anise – 1
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamom – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
1. Wash the vegetables and chop into small pieces. Keep aside. Keep the potato immersed in water until use.
2. Take all the ingredients given under “for grinding” in a mixer. Add little water and grind into smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. Heat a pan with oil and add the spices one by one given under “spices” and saute for a minute.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes. Now add chopped onion and saute until translucent without turning brown.
5. Add the chopped vegetables and saute for a minute. Pour the required water for cooking vegetables along with required salt.
6. Mix and cook covered in medium flame until the veggies gets cooked soft.
7. Then add the grounded coconut paste along with required water for the gravy. Check for salt.
8. Cook in low flame for few minutes until it is combined well and starts boiling.
9. Remove from flame. The delicious white veg kurma is ready.
10. Serve hot with idiyappam or appam.