Whole wheat coconut cookies recipe with step-wise pictures. Whole wheat coconut cookies is a healthy, delicious evening snack recipe. It is made of whole wheat flour, desiccated coconut as main ingredients. This cookies is also egg less, sugar less and sweetened with dates syrup making it healthy. This coconut cookies is a healthy evening snack for kids and perfect treat for Christmas.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- coconut macaroons
- no bake oats coconut cookies
- ragi wheat cookies
- cranberry sugar cookies
- whole wheat tutti frutti cookies
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Desiccated coconut – 1 cup + 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Dates syrup – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 2 tbsp
1. Preheat oven for 180° C for 15 minutes and line the baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift together wheat flour and baking powder to a mixing bowl. Add desiccated coconut to it and mix with a spoon.
3. Add butter to the flour and rub well with hands making the flour crumbly.
4. Now add dates syrup and milk to it and mix well into hands. Knead into smooth dough and add little milk is needed.
5. Roll the dough flat with rolling pin and cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter.
6. Arrange the cookies leaving enough space in between in a baking tray and sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top.
7. Bake it for 15-18 minutes until the sides turns golden. Allow it to cool completely.
8. The tasty whole wheat coconut cookies is ready. Store it in airtight container.